The Jim Pattison Broadcast Group, the dominant online news source in central and northern Saskatchewan, is in search of our next group of star reporters. You’ll work in a digital first newsroom in north central Saskatchewan, as part of the largest news group in the region, and have a track record of reporting ‘News Now’ content with headlines that stand out in daily news feeds. We are seeking general reporters to report on local news, with an interest in Indigenous and northern issues as well as agricultural topics. This position(s) is ideal for a hardworking, self-starting individual who wants a hand in the entire process of news production. The ideal candidate(s) will have the ability to conform to the ever-changing needs of our readers and listeners by engaging them in rich content and offering news they need to know efficiently and effectively within the digital realm. The responsibilities include generating news and feature stories for radio, web and video for our portals as our news operation grows. Weekend shifts may also be required.
You may be the reporter we’re looking for if:
• You understand the importance of “local” in local news and radio and bring ideas to work every day
• Have an interest in Indigenous and agriculture issues and topics
• You have a degree, diploma or equivalent experience from a recognized broadcast program
• Sound knowledge of Canadian Press style
• You can present compelling content with personality
• You’re passionate about news and adept at all platforms, including engagement on the web and social media
• You have solid writing skills
• Willing to perform other duties as needed
Please send your resume, references, writing examples, and a completed copy of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group New Applicant Self ID form by December 22, 2017.
*** Our New Applicant Self ID form is available for download at www.jpbg.com/selfidform.pdf and should be completed and attached to all employment applications. Please note your completed forms will be kept confidential.
*** As part of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group’s Employment Equity Policy we encourage women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to identify themselves as this may be to their advantage in helping us correct under-representation of those groups in our company.
The Jim Pattison Broadcast Group
1711 100th Street
North Battleford , Saskatchewan
S9A 2Z5 ,
E-mail: [email protected]